9 Ways to Save Animals and Make Money at the Same Time!
Are you a vegan college student in the U.S. or Canada who is juggling taking classes, working, and trying to save the world all at the same time? Then peta2’s Campus Representative Program is for you! We strive to help dedicated students transform their schools and spread animal rights awareness on campuses across North America. Our program is designed to give college activists the resources and guidance they need in order to create fun and effective outreach events. We’ll pay you $500 a semester, plus additional funding for on-campus events, so that you can cut down on hours spent clearing tables at your part-time job and dedicate your free time to saving animals! Here are just some of the awesome events you could be holding right now:
1. Hold a Vegan Food and Drink Giveaway What’s the best way to get college students’ attention? Free food, of course! peta2’s campus rep program will provide you with funds for various vegan drinks and foods so that your classmates can experience how easy and yummy it is to eat vegan.
2. Host a Film Screening or a Guest Speaker Change dozens of minds at one time by introducing your campus to an animal rights–related film or speaker. Giving students an opportunity to ask questions and have a dialog about animal rights is a good way to change your peers’ minds about animals.
3. Bring One of peta2’s Touring Exhibits to Campus peta2’s touring team takes vegan outreach to college campuses across the country. We regularly release new and cutting-edge exhibits and displays, sending them to campuses across North America to raise awareness of animal rights in a big way. You could host our touring team and hold an attention-grabbing, unique experience that will show people at your school why they should go vegan.
4. Organize a Rad Protest Is your school doing something that hurts animals? Most likely. From testing on animals in on-campus laboratories to using animals for food to selling discounted tickets to an animal circus or SeaWorld, your school may be contributing to cruelty to animals. So take a stand and use your voice. Holding protests and rallies are excellent ways to use the power of students to make a change.
5. Install a Guide to Going Vegan Stand in Your Dining Hall peta2 will send you a free Guide to Going Vegan stand that contains stickers, recipes, and information on going vegan. This is an easy, eye-catching way to let your fellow students know how they can change their diet to save animals. It’s like having a leafleter in the dining hall 24/7.
6. Turn Heads With Visual Displays We want to have campus reps make a profound impact by grabbing attention. Setting up a visual display about animal rights–related issues is a great way to generate buzz and get people talking.
7. Design Your Own Action, and Get $$$ to Make It Happen Here at peta2, we love it when people think outside the box. We’ll give you a budget and materials for events that you come up with on your own. We let our campus reps be as creative as they want, and we want to turn your dream event into a reality.
8. Make a Lasting Change at Your School We help guide students through a process of getting big changes made, like getting an all-vegan food station in your dining hall, ending the sale of SeaWorld tickets, or getting a dissection-choice policy implemented. You can be the change you want to see at your school.
9. Connect With Other Awesome Vegans A great benefit of the program is getting to interact with other student activists across the country. We build a network in which students can share ideas, encouragement, and feedback with each other. Campus reps are also paired with peta2 staff members, so you’ll be able to get the support and materials you need. Check it out, we have Campus Reps all over the place!
Note: Now accepting applications for the spring 2016 semester. Only U.S. and Canadian applicants currently attending a university will be considered.