$3 Dish of the Day: Tasty Baked Potatoes
I don’t know about you all, but I don’t think there’s anything more comforting and delish than a potato. Whether you’re eating it in fry form, all mashed up, or in a patty, you gotta love the tater. This particular potato dish is quick, cheap ($1.78!), filling, vegan (duh), and yummy, so get to makin’ it!
Baked Potatoes with Green Onions, Guacamole, and Bac-Os:
What you need:
- 2 potatoes (I used red), $3.99 for a 5 lbs. bag, $.52 for 2 potatoes
- 1/2 an avocado, $1.50 for an avocado, $.75 for half
- 1 stalk green onion, chopped, $.79 for a bunch, $.13 for 1 stalk
- 2 Tbsp. Bac-Os (yup, they’re vegan!), $1.99 for a 4 oz. bottle, $.28 for 2 Tbsp.
- Salt and pepper, to taste, approximately $.10
First, stab your potatoes with a fork a few times each, then nuke ’em for a little more than 4 minutes each. In the meantime, mash half an avocado till it’s in guac consistency, then season with salt and pepper to taste. Once your potatoes have cooled enough to touch them, open them up a bit more, then top with the guac, green onions, and Bac-Os. Devour!
I wish I were eating these again right now. Just sayin’.