8 Animal-Friendly Netflix Suggestions
Posted July 27, 2011 by peta2 staff
Educating yourself about animal rights, food choices, health, and veganism really is as simple as sitting down and watching a movie. Oo, I like the way that sounds! It’s also a great way to collectively get your friends and family in on the action. Whip up a batch of popcorn, grab some Red Vines, and get ready for some awesome animal-friendly feature presentations.
If you’re rockin’ Netflix, be sure to queue these babies up!
8 Animal-Friendly Netflix Suggestions
- I Am Animal – Explores the world of Ingrid Newkirk and PETA.
- Earthlings – Delves into the food, entertainment and medical industries’ use of animals and links each to the world economy (narrated by Joaquin Phoenix).
- The Cove* – Follows daring animal activists at a cove in Taijii, Japan, capturing footage of a secretive and heavily guarded operation run by the world’s largest supplier of dolphins.
- Bold Native – This fictional feature film tells the story of a young animal rights activist.
- Food Inc.* – Exposes the sources of the food we eat and its environmental impacts.
- Food Matters* – Focuses on using nutritionally-rich, plant-based foods for optimal health.
- Crazy Sexy Cancer – Follows the journey of a young woman looking for a natural cure for her cancer.
- The Beautiful Truth – Promotes a plant-based, vegan diet as cancer and disease prevention.
* = Streamable on Netflix, too!
What’s your favorite Netflix movie that promotes animal-friendliness?
- Comments (14)
- 9 Types of Vegans You See on Instagram
- What This Lady Found Squirming in Her Packaged Salmon Will Ruin Your Day
- Oppression of Any Kind Is Wrong
- Why This PETA Employee Loved Working at McDonald’s
- People RAPING Animals?!
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!
I've been a singer for 11 years, artist for 9, guitarist for 3, and an active member of PETA and peta2 for not even a year. I'm excited to see where this journey takes me! Feel free to add me!
☸ ✵ ❂ ⚘ ❀ ❃ ❁ ✼☸ ✵ ❂ ⚘ ❀ ❃ ❁ ✼☸ ✵ ❂ ⚘ ❀ ❃ My name is Jason. Top 10 quirks: 1. I’m vegetarian. 2. I’m Sagittarius 3. Artist 4. I love The Beatles 5. Love dogs! 6. Spring is my favourite season. 7. I’m an only child. 8. I knit. 9. I like to press flowers. 10. I like to shrink potato chip bags. I have a tattoo on my wrist that says peace in braille. I feel like I should've been a teen in the 60’s-70’s. I have rainbow gauges in my ears. I’m FTM transgender but only identify as a gay male. I will write to anybody! I love fast food, glass blowing, making solar sensitive paper prints, ceramics, making friendship bracelets, tie dying, decorating my room, shopping online and off (but mostly online), cuddling with my Cockapoo named Mickey,eating candy, making things, fashion, & going to the mall. I can’t cook to save my life. I enjoy Netflix, crafts, & making people laugh, I am generous and enjoy Oldies. Green is my favourite colour. I hate the colour orange. Halloween is my favourite holiday. I’m addicted to playing Kardashian on my Ipod and using Instagram. I want to travel a ton one day, learn German, drive and lifeguard, and be an elementary school art teacher. I collect international stamps, coins, postcards, Betty and Veronica Archie Comics, kawaii stuff, cameos, *stickers*, and trinkets (I pick things off the ground, I’m a klepto like that). I write in a diary everyday. I hate candy corn. I have two cactus plants. I have Facebook, Snapchat, Tumblr and Instagram, so HMU if you want my usernames. I believe loosely in karma, fate, kismet, déjà vu, reincarnation, dreams, destiny & fate. I love for stores: Etsy, Hot Topic, Francesca's, & Claire’s. People say I look like Brenton Thwaites. My Celeb Hotties are: Joseph Gordon-Levitt *swoon*, James Franco, Paul McCartney, Jake Gyllenhaal, John Krasinski & Josh Hutcherson (I have no idea why they all mostly start with “J” lol). But my favourite actors are Robert De Niro and Dustin Hoffman. · My favourite foods/restaurants are mangos, 99 Restaurant, Dominoes pizza, pickles, & Pinkberry/Froyo World. My favourite movies and TV shows are Juno, Aquamarine, The Office, The Perks Of Being A Wallflower, Investigation Discovery, Bojack Horseman, Detention, Crank Yankers, How To Catch a Predator, Mary and Max, Bates Motel, Bob’s Burgers, Salem, Dateline, The Killing, & Darknet. As for Horror films the scariest I’ve seen are: Vile, Quarantine, Would You Rather & Truth or Die My favourite books are The Catcher In The Rye, Penpal, It’s Kind Of a Funny Story, & Life As we Knew it. · My favourite quotes are "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. "If you wait to tell someone you love them, it’s too late." -Paul McCartney "If you don’t shoot, you don’t score." "It’s all okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end." "And in the end, the love you take, is equal to the love you make." -Paul McCartney Looking for: • Penpal • Art Pals • Package Pals • Snail Mail I send small gifts, and even surprise you when I’m thinking of you. **I ask that your age is 18-23.** No country requirements, I enjoy using stamps lol. What I expect from a pen pal is LGBTQA respect and a consistency to correspondence. But I seriously love meeting new people with different interests and writing to them.