Recipe of the Week: Baked-Tofu Fries!
Fact: Tofu is easily the most versatile vegan staple on the planet. You can bake it, grill it, sauté it, purée it, or fry it. And since it takes on the flavor of whatever it’s marinated in or mixed with, the recipe possibilities for tofu are pretty much … well … infinite!
Check out my recipe below for—*drumroll, please*—baked-tofu fries!
- Prep time: 10 mins
- Cook time: 20 mins
- Servings: 2-4
- Select your preferred print size and click 'Print Recipe':
- 3"x5" Cards
- 4"x6" Cards
- Full Page
- dash Olive oil
- 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup brown-rice four
- 1½ tsp. celery salt
- 1½ tsp. red pepper
- 1½ tsp. black pepper
- 1½ tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. salt
- 14 oz. extra-firm tofu, drained and pressed
- Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Cover a baking sheet with foil and brush with the olive oil.
- Combine the cornmeal, brown-rice flour, celery salt, red pepper, black pepper, paprika, and salt in a small bowl.
- Cut the tofu into French fry–shaped pieces and dip each into the dry mixture until coated on all sides.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Let cool for 2 minutes, then enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!