9 Tweets That’ll Make You Ditch Dairy Foods
Most of us grew up putting milk on our cereal and not really thinking about where it came from. It was such a “normal” part of life that we didn’t even question it. Besides humans, NO other species drinks milk after they’re done nursing OR drinks the milk of another species. That makes drinking cow’s milk one of the least natural things a human can do.
Here are nine reasons you should switch to dairy-free milk today:
1. Cows produce milk for their babies, NOT for you.
Cows produce milk for the same reason that humans do—to nourish their young. pic.twitter.com/rnAR0nArkC
2. Drinking cow’s milk increases your chances of developing heart disease, diabetes, and even cancer.
Milk doesn't do ANY body good (yours OR hers).
RT if you support cows by ditching dairy! pic.twitter.com/ffzBjbauzG
3. Can you imagine being stolen from your mom? That’s what happens to baby cows, often when they are 1 to 3 days old.
4. Male calves are often slaughtered for veal. Buying dairy foods directly supports the veal industry.
5. Female cows often have the sensitive horn tissue (or the horns themselves) removed from their skulls by searing-hot irons, caustic chemicals, blades, or hand saws.
6. Cows are forcibly impregnated again and again.
7. Stressful conditions on factory dairy farms leads to diseases that cause cows to become worn-out and “worthless” by the time that they’re only 4 or 5 years old!
8. When cows are no longer “useful” to the dairy industry, they are slaughtered.
When their milk production decreases & cows are no longer profitable, they’re sent to slaughter. pic.twitter.com/Vwl5s7LYWY
9. Cows are crammed onto trucks where they often suffer for days.
Remember the Golden Rule: Not your mom, not your milk.
It really is that simple. Cows suffer horribly in the dairy industry from the moment they are born until they die. Respect cows by NEVER buying dairy foods and encouraging your friends to do the same.