It’s already common knowledge that cow’s milk is bad for you, but more and more people are beginning to realize that it’s even worse for the cows used in its production. The following are 18 reasons why you should never drink cow’s milk again:
1. Cows produce milk for the same reason humans do―to feed their babies.
2. To keep the milk flowing, female cows are artificially inseminated every year using what farmers call “rape racks.”
15. When not on a factory farm, cows can live to be 20 years old.
16. But cows used for milk are usually slaughtered for low-grade meat when they’re around 4 years old.
17. That means four years of suffering in cramped spaces, enduring repeated artificial insemination, developing udder infections, and having their calves traumatically taken from them shortly after birth.
18. When you buy dairy products, you’re supporting this inhumane cycle.
What You Can Do
Ditch dairy products! At first, it may seem challenging to give up cheese and milk, but with all the delicious alternatives that are now available, you’ll see that avoiding dairy products is easier than ever. Most major grocery store chains carry vegan cheese, soy or almond milk, and even vegan ice cream! There are tons of vegan options even at places like Starbucks and Taco Bell. You’ll be healthier, and you’ll feel great knowing that no one had to die for your food.
Remember: For just a few minutes of enjoyment from eating that slice of cheese, a cow had to suffer her WHOLE life.
Milk isn’t worth the suffering these animals endure.. Every single one of those cows (and all animals not in the wild, really) live a life full of pain and terror.. Thanks to PETA, hopefully that won’t he a norm for long..