DIY Basil Toner
Posted April 26, 2012 by peta2 staff
Face washes, toners, moisturizers … all these beauty essentials can be quite expensive, and they are often filled with nasty chemicals and preservatives—blech!
Take control of your beauty regimen for megacheap, and enjoy the wholesome benefits of ingredients that you probably already have lying around your kitchen.
This basil toner recipe is perfect for fighting acne and improving skin circulation. Woot!
1 cup filtered water
2-3 tsp. crushed basil leaves
- Boil 1 cup of water and steep the basil leaves for 15 minutes.
- Strain and then let cool.
- Moisten cotton balls with the tonic and apply to your face and neck.
What’s your favorite DIY beauty recipe?
- Comments (1)
- 6 Newly Confirmed Cruelty-Free Companies
- Are Humans Supposed to Eat Meat?
- Watch a Woman Be 'Experimented' On
- 11 Movies on Netflix That'll Move You to Change the World
- 10 Things Vegans Do That Are Misunderstood
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!
As a kid, I was and am still curious about the great big world we live in, and I thought nothing of animal abuse. But for some or no completely good reasons, I was getting sicker and weaker. Then one day I heard about PETA while I was on the internet. I got a little curious, and I went veg after finding out meat was one of the reasons I was sicker. Right now, I'm still trying to give up meat for my health. But I'm getting there!