DIY Basil Toner
Posted April 26, 2012 by peta2 staff
Face washes, toners, moisturizers … all these beauty essentials can be quite expensive, and they are often filled with nasty chemicals and preservatives—blech!
Take control of your beauty regimen for megacheap, and enjoy the wholesome benefits of ingredients that you probably already have lying around your kitchen.
This basil toner recipe is perfect for fighting acne and improving skin circulation. Woot!
1 cup filtered water
2-3 tsp. crushed basil leaves
- Boil 1 cup of water and steep the basil leaves for 15 minutes.
- Strain and then let cool.
- Moisten cotton balls with the tonic and apply to your face and neck.
What’s your favorite DIY beauty recipe?
- Comments (1)
- 6 Newly Confirmed Cruelty-Free Companies
- Are Humans Supposed to Eat Meat?
- Watch a Woman Be 'Experimented' On
- 11 Movies on Netflix That'll Move You to Change the World
- 10 Things Vegans Do That Are Misunderstood
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!
I am 13 years old and joined the street team June 2015. I am a vegetarian. I have a passion for working to help save animals. I love my family and my 2 pugs, Daisy and Diesel. I plan to work for Peta or Mercy For Animals someday because they helped me become a vegetarian and begin a whole new life of having common sense towards all animals.