DIY Vegan Pumpkin Face Mask
We peta2sies love recipes … LOVE ’em! In fact, I’ve been obsessively eyein’ Rachel’s Sunshine and Hummus Burger—I’m SO making that for dinsies tonight!
Anyhoo, I wanted to share a different kind of recipe with you … one that’s for your face!
It’s a vegan pumpkin face mask (perfect for fall pampering sessions). Pumpkin is rich in antioxidants like beta-carotine, zinc, vitamins A & C, and natural alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs), which will leave your skin healthy and soft.
What you’ll need:
- 2 tablespoons of canned pumpkin (puréed)
- 1 tablespoon of soy yogurt or ¼ teaspoon of soymilk
Optional additional ingredients:
- ½ teaspoon of brown sugar (helps exfoliate) or
- ¼ teaspoon cranberry juice (helps keeps skin from looking dull) or
- ½ teaspoon oatmeal (if you’d like a thicker mask; oatmeal is great for dry skin)
Mix all of your ingredients together and then gently apply to your face (avoiding the eye area). Kick it for about 10-15 minutes (feel free to paint your toe nails while you wait). Rinse with warm water, and then moisturize with your favorite lotion.
Voila! You’re done! Enjoy your beautiful, glowing, fall skin!
Know of any other DIY beauty recipes?