DIY Zit Remedies
Posted October 19, 2011 by peta2 staff
Ack, ZITS! Hate ’em, loathe ’em—need ’em to be GONE forever! Luckily, there are some quick and easy DIY recipes that’ll help keep those nasty li’l boogers at bay!
Anti-Zit Face Mask
1 Tbsp. cruelty-free baking soda
1-2 Tbsp. filtered water
- Mix the baking soda and water together until you’ve got a paste.
- Apply to your face and leave on for about 20 minutes.
- Rinse and follow with your favorite toner and moisturizer.
1 aspirin tablet (contains salicylic acid, which helps unclog pores)
- Crush the aspirin with the back of a spoon and add just enough water to form a paste. Apply to the blemishes and let sit for about 15 minutes before rinsing.
Another spot treatment trick is to take a dab of cruelty-free toothpaste (the white paste kind, not the gel), and apply it to blemishes. Leave on overnight. This will dry out zits quickly.
Do you have any zit-zappin’ tricks? If so, please share with us in the comments section below!
- Comments (15)
- 6 Newly Confirmed Cruelty-Free Companies
- Are Humans Supposed to Eat Meat?
- Watch a Woman Be 'Experimented' On
- 11 Movies on Netflix That'll Move You to Change the World
- 10 Things Vegans Do That Are Misunderstood
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!
Born and bred in Britain. I've always lived with animals and loved finding out new information/ caring about them. I currently do eat meat although I am not a huge lover and I do intend on going vegetarian when I'm older. I've always wanted to support charities and I am the head fund raiser at my school. I am looking forward to supporting Peta and becoming a member of their Street Team!