Does Your Fashion Bleed?
Posted January 10, 2013 by Annie Leal
Every year, the leather industry slaughters more than a billion animals and tans their skins. Cows are often hacked apart and skinned while still alive and struggling to get away! Leather is also made from pigs, goats, and sheep—and even dogs and cats, who are slaughtered for their skin in China.
Watch cruelty-free fashion designer Stella McCartney’s exposé to learn more about the deadly leather trend and how you can help stop it!
Want to help? All you have to do is be skins-free and ask everyone you know to do the same! Thanks to so many cruelty-free and fashionable options available everywhere, it’s easy to be compassionate and look stylish at the same time—just like Stella!
- Comments (2)
- VICTORY: GUESS Will Stop Selling Angora Wool!
- WATCH: NFL Star Braves Freezing Cold to Help Dogs
- 7 Investigations That Shocked The World in 2015
- 15 Celebs Who Were Heroes for Animals in 2015
- 8 Easy Ways to Help Animals During the Holidays
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!