WOW: Dolphins Use Names!
Posted April 3, 2013 by Sean Horvath
We’ve always known dolphins to be some pretty smart animals, but recently we learned that they’re even smarter than we thought. It turns out, they’re the only animal (other than ourselves) who use specific noises to call out individual loved ones!
That’s right—dolphins have and use names for themselves!
Marine animals should NEVER be kept in captivity, where they are cramped, lonely, deprived of all control over their lives, and far from their natural homes. Please speak up for marine animals in captivity:
- Comments (3)
- Four Reasons to Stop What You're Doing and Watch 'Once Upon a Time'
- How This Selfie Might Change Everything For Animals
- Why Steel-Jaw Traps Belong in Horror Movies
- How Circus Training and Abuse Killed These Baby Elephants
- 10 Reasons to Not Eat Oysters, Mussels, and Clams
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!