'Why Didn't I Think of That?'
Here are 10 easy, no-brainer ways to help animals:
1. Change your home WiFi network’s name to “GO_VEGAN” or “peta2.com.”
2. Carry peta2 stickers and literature in your car, backpack, and locker.
You never know when you’ll need ’em! If you find a spot that’s OK to stick ’em, go for it! Many local spots have billboards and community posting boards. Hang that peta2 literature up!
My fave spots are:
- Coffee shops
- Music venues
- Record stores
3. Craft your “Why I Went Vegan” story.
People are going to ask you why you went vegan, so use this opportunity to help animals, so be sure to brainstorm a well-thought-out explanation in advance. Don’t forget:
- Paint a picture with your words. Instead of saying, “They hurt chickens,” say, “Chickens have their throats slit while they’re still conscious.”
- Be direct, straight to the point, and honest. Keep it to two to five minutes.
- Be relatable. Share a personal story! What was going through your mind when you went vegan?
- Be persuasive. Make new vegans with your story! Ask a question like “Have you ever thought about going vegan?”
- Practice! Run through your spiel a few times in front of the mirror.
4. Your body is a canvas!
Rock your peta2 T-shirts often. Wear ’em everywhere, including in the next selfie you post on Instagram! Short on change? Join the peta2 Street Team and complete some missions, and you’ll walk away with a free tee like the one below!
5. Donate animal rights books and films to your school and local library—after you’ve read or watched them!
6. Cook a vegan meal for your friends!
Show everyone how tasty and nutritious vegan meals are. The kitchen table is a great place to spark up a conversation about animal rights or share your “Why I Went Vegan” story.
7. Buy only cruelty-free products.
Look for the “cruelty-free” symbol or text saying, “No animal testing,” on the back of products.
8. Leave copies of Animal Times, peta2 literature, and other vegan magazines in waiting rooms.
The next time you go to see your doc, bring your own magazines and leave them there for others to read.
9. Cut those plastic six pack rings. Never throw one of these away without cutting it up!
Live in harmony with wildlife.
10. Use your social media accounts!
- Twitter: Retweet @peta2‘s statuses and post your own with a peta2 flare! Check out a pic that I once tweeted while standing in line at the grocery store:
- Give your Instagram a peta2 flare! Food pics are always great. Remember to use hashtags!
As you can see, there are a lot of easy ways to help animals. Now it’s up to you to speak up for all animals and put these into action! Find out more lifesaving tips by joining the peta2 Street Team!