Want Better Grades? Go Vegan!
New Year’s has always been one of my favorite times of the year—you get to wear all the new clothes you got for the holidays, TV shows start airing new episodes again, and (most importantly) you get a clean slate to start fresh at school!
If you’re interested in getting good grades in 2013 (and who isn’t), it’s simple—go vegan! Plant based foods are way healthier, more filling, and lighter than the animal junk, so you won’t feel sluggish and tired in the mornings, you’ll feel awake, energetic, and ready to learn when you hit up your first period class! (Bonus: You can finally stop worrying about being the kid who falls asleep in class and drools all over their desk. Yay!)
Try out some of these healthy and easy snacks that will power you up to get through even the worst mornings:
- Sliced apple & peanut butter sandwiches on whole wheat bread
- A power green smoothie: Just toss some dark greens, a frozen banana, frozen blueberries, and soy milk in a blender for some all-day energy.
- Clif Bars:Seriously, I eat these pretty much every day and they always give me a boost. They come in a ton of yummy flavors and most are vegan.
- Carrots with hummus: Roasted red pepper and tomato basil hummus are my faves.
- Avocado, smashed chick peas, hot sauce and lettuce wraps: Because avocados taste good with anything!