Five Facts About Rats and Mice!
Tails and whiskers are just two things I ♥ about rats and mice! These little animals are curious and intelligent, and just like us, they want to live.
As we get ready for the beginning of the school year, let’s encourage our friends and family to be kind to mice, rats, and all animals by sharing these five facts:
- Rats and mice are affectionate creatures and form lifelong relationships with each other!
- They giggle when they are tickled. So cute, right?
- More than 100 million mice and rats are killed in U.S. laboratories every year. But even though mice and rats make up 95 percent of all animals used in experiments, they are excluded from the Animal Welfare Act, the only federal law offering any sort of protection for animals in laboratories.
- Rats are super-intelligent animals and are able to learn complex tricks and figure out how to complete mazes!
- OK, so this last one isn’t as much of a fact as it is a seriously adorable video.
Be sure to share these facts with everyone you know!
How can your friends and fam show ♥ for mice and rats? Tell them never to use glue traps and always to check the back of products for PETA’s cruelty-free bunny logo, which means that the product wasn’t tested on any cuties. They can check out our searchable database of cruelty-free products, too!
Tell us your fun facts about mice and rats in the comments section below!