Five Ways to Help Seals RIGHT NOW!
Need a reason to help seals? How about 14?
Did you know that during Canada’s annual seal slaughter, sealers routinely hook live seals in the eye, cheek, or mouth to avoid damaging the fur and then drag the seals across the ice with a hakapik. Many of these young, gentle creatures may not even have eaten their first solid meal or taken their first swim before they are slaughtered for their fur.
There are so many easy ways to speak out against the Canadian seal slaughter, and we want to show you just how easy it is. Here are five things that you can do right now to help end this annual barbaric slaughter:
- Pass out leaflets to your friends while school is still in session. Send us a picture of you taken while you’re passing out our seal-slaughter leaflets to get 1,000 points.
- Share this infographic on Facebook or Twitter to get 500 points.
- Share our seal rap video on Facebook to get 500 points.
- Take pics with friends and this sign, and add the pics to Facebook to get 3,000 points.
- Tell Canada to end the seal slaughter, and get 150 points.
Once you complete all five missions, e-mail your pics and screenshots to StreetTeam@peta2.com to get up to 5,150 points!