Five Ways to Pimp Up Your PB&J
As much as peanut butter and jelly sandwiches are quick, easy, and delish, they can get a little bo-ring … am I right, or am I right? To help make PB&Js exciting again, we’ve got some easy tips to spruce ’em up and give ’em some shazam!
- Add freshly sliced bananas and/or strawberries to your sammy for some extra flavor and a dose of fiber, potassium, and vitamin C.
- Switch up the jelly. If you’re used to using grape jelly, switch to strawberry or raspberry (or get even funkier and rock some marionberry, boysenberry, or olallieberry). If you’re a DIY kind of gal or guy, try making your own jam from scratch!
- Try using almond or cashew butter in place of peanut butter. Besides being delicious, they also usually don’t contain any added oils or sugar, which are frequently found in peanut butter.
- Bake your own homemade bread. Nothing quite compares to the freshness of a well-made loaf of bread. Try your hand at one of the many easy (and accidentally vegan) bread recipes found online.
- Bust out the cookie cutters. Sankies totally taste better when they’ve been cut into the shape of hearts and stars. Just sayin’. 😉
How do you like to fancify your PB&J? Share with us in the comments section below.