Help Animals With Facebook and Twitter!
Just before this delightful holiday weekend, I’ve compiled a bunch of helpful tips for getting active on Facebook and Twitter! Using social networking sites to raise awareness for animals is super easy and super effective. 🙂
Check out our tips below:
- Keep your status short (or as short as possible): People won’t read your status if it’s too long.
- Include a picture: It’s a great way to grab someone’s attention.
- Keep it posi (or as positive as you can): Show people the happy side of being an animal rights activist.
- Tell people how they can help: It’s as simple as saying, “Click here to tell So-and-So to stop selling fur.”
- Post a link: Friends can click it to do research on their own.
- Post pics of vegan food: This is a great way to show people that vegan food is awesome. Just be sure it looks tasty. Some food can be real tasty, but look real ugly—ya feel me?
- Stick to the facts: You can lose people if you’re too critical. Don’t say: “McDonald’s SUCKS! They are all awful people, and I hate them.” Instead say, “McDonald’s purchases chickens from suppliers who scald them to death.” McDonald’s actions speak for themselves.
- Space out your posts: You don’t want to overwhelm people (they’ll hide your posts!).
- Don’t argue: Just present the facts. You don’t want to look like the crazy vegan.
- “Like” other people’s posts: When you interact with people on Facebook, your stuff shows up in their news feed. That means your posts about animal rights will be seen by more people.
- Use hashtags: This adds your tweet to that hashtag conversation stream and could even become a trending topic if it gets tons of re-tweets.
- Don’t forget to include a link: Forgetting a link in a tweet is a big fail. People can’t read more info if you don’t give them a place to find it!
- Don’t forget to Tweet @ someone: If you tweet about the Ringling Bros., McDonald’s, or any other person or company that’s cruel to animals, be sure to tag them.
- Use trending topics: This increases the chance that your tweet will be seen, plus it’s fun. 🙂
What are some of your tips? Post them below!