Kitties Belong Indoors!
I ? kitties! I’ve had kitty companions since I was a lil’ kid, and I have learned so many cat tips over the years. One of the most valuable things I’ve learned is that it’s SO important to keep your furry fartsicorns indoors. Here’s why…
Top 8 Reasons to Keep Kitties Indoors
- Cars—Thousands of cats get hit by cars every year.
- Diseases—Even if your cats are vaccinated, they still run the risk of serious diseases like Feline Leukemia (FIV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIP).
- Poisoning—Cats can accidentally ingest pesticides, lawn products, etc. There are also people who don’t like cats (gasp!) and will set out poison on their property.
- Predators—Outdoor cats can be attacked by dogs, raptors, coyotes, and other predators.
- Animal Abuse—Unfortunately, there are people in this world who are intentionally cruel to animals. Although animal protection laws do exist, prosecution will never bring your cat back to life.
- Fleas, ticks, worms, ringworm—Your cat could transmit these to other pets and people in your household.
- Indoor Cats Don’t Get Lost—Cats can get disoriented and lost long enough to be “rescued” by other cat lovers, legitimate rescue groups, or picked up by animal control as strays. Collars can break, and even microchips do not guarantee a cat will not be adopted and kept as an indoor cat by someone else.
No kitty can be 100% safe from these dangers, so why increase the risk? Make indoor life fun for your furry babies with interactive toys, climbing towers, scratching posts, and other indoor toys. You kitties will thank you.