Lettuce Ladies Tour the Fattest Cities in U.S.
Posted June 25, 2009 by Marta Holmberg
You may have heard that Men’s Fitness magazine released their annual list of the fattest cities in America, and sadly for me, my hometown of San Jose, CA, made the list. Totes inappropes!
Luckily, PETA’s own lettuce ladies are traveling around the fattest cities to help people lose some weight! Check out some photos from the veggie dog giveaway in San Jose yesterday:
Why are they giving away veggie dogs in the fattest cities? Meat consumption has been directly linked to obesity, but vegans are, on average, 10 to 20 pounds lighter than meat-eaters. And veggie dogs are seriously so much tastier than hot dogs, if people in San Jose are any indication. They devoured more than 400 veggie dogs!
Would you like the lettuce ladies to stop by your city?
- Comments (15)
- SeaWorld San Diego: No Orca Breeding Allowed!
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Vet Visits Third SeaWorld Location, Finds Even MORE Suffering
- What This Veterinarian Found at SeaWorld San Antonio
- ICYMI: Why the Birkin Bag May Be Renamed
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!