Posted May 6, 2010 by Rachelle Owen
Last year, instead of buying an animal from a pet store, I rescued Lily (who could resist that face?). Had I fallen for the pet store “kitty in the window” trick, she could’ve ended up just another number—one out of the nearly 4 million dogs and cats who are euthanized every year because there just aren’t enough homes.
Pet stores are relying on you—the animal lovers—to keep them in business. They shamelessly shuffle in cute puppies and kittens endlessly while millions are literally dying for a home in shelters across the country. Of course, they don’t want you to know that behind the scenes, animals are warehoused, neglected, abused and even killed for the cruel pet trade that brings them big bucks every year.
Do your part to end animal homelessness and put the pet trade out of business—pledge never to buy an animal (and always adopt!) now.
- Comments (42)
- 15 Disturbing Pics Students Actually Posted on Instagram
- SeaWorld San Diego: No Orca Breeding Allowed!
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Vet Visits Third SeaWorld Location, Finds Even MORE Suffering
- What This Veterinarian Found at SeaWorld San Antonio
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!