More Vegan Options Added at Campuses Coast to Coast
Since peta2′s spring campus tour is finishing up, it’s time to give you just a small sample of the improvements made following our awesome campus outreach crew’s efforts:
- Ohio State University now has a made-to-order service in which students can make any meal vegan that they want! Cruelty-free options include vegan lasagne, vegan chickpea stroganoff casserole and vegan corn tofu fritters.
- The University of Colorado–Boulder now offers numerous veg options at every meal, and this includes vegan desserts, such as chocolate Rice Crispy treats and multiple varieties of cupcakes and cookies. (Inside scoop: Vegan Daiya cheese pizza and “mac ‘n’ cheez” with cashew “cheez” sauce are coming soon!)
- The University of California–Davis expanded its Meatless Monday program to its retail locations and is promoting its vegan options campuswide.
- Colorado State University expanded its veg options.
- Florida International University now ensures that students have at least one veg entrée daily (including yum vegan wraps and vegan sushi rolls!) and it’s joined the Meatless Monday campaign. Check out the pic from its Meatless Monday event, where the school provided students with information on the benefits of going veg for their health and the environment, as well as free cookies!
- Bowling Green State University has been listening to its students and is working on adding more veg options. It’s also sponsored some pro-vegan educational opportunities such as a viewing of Forks Over Knives.
- The University of Central Florida now has an extensive number of veg options campuswide and offers discounts on them every Monday!
- Southern Illinois University added vegan entrées to its hot-food line at lunch and dinner daily. That means vegan Sicilian linguine, falafel burgers, and curried vegetables with rice—among others!
- Youngstown State University now has tasty vegan stir-fries and, in addition to tofu, will be adding tempeh. Also on the menu are vegan cheese and veg pepperoni pizza and vegan meatball sandwiches! The school has also worked with students to hold annual vegan Thanksgiving feasts.
- California State University–Northridge offers three vegan choices for each meal of the day.
- The University of California–Irvine increased its vegan options.
- The University of California–San Diego expanded its Meatless Monday program and opened an all-vegan dining hall!
- Portland State University, the University of South Florida, and Humboldt State University are all now rocking Meatless Monday!