MSU Students Protest Circus, in the President's Office! (PICTURES)
Posted March 8, 2010 by Ryan Huling
You can’t say the students didn’t warn them. When Michigan State University decided to bring circuses with animals back on campus, after not allowing them in 2009 (maybe because of all that elephant beating and electro-shocking business), students were understandably upset. Petitions were signed; coal was delivered. Clearly, the situation was coming to a boiling point, as they say.
Well, the lid’s blown off now.
This past week, students gathered more than 850 petition signatures against the circus returning to MSU. A group of 20 students then marched into the President’s Office—up three flights of stairs, chanting, with reporters following them the whole way—to deliver the signatures to her desk personally.
I could go on, but I’ll let the pictures do the rest of the talking (photo credit: Lindsey Dubey):
- Comments (10)
- 15 Disturbing Pics Students Actually Posted on Instagram
- SeaWorld San Diego: No Orca Breeding Allowed!
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Vet Visits Third SeaWorld Location, Finds Even MORE Suffering
- What This Veterinarian Found at SeaWorld San Antonio
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!