My Favorite Vegan Staples
I’d like to start off by saying that I’m not much of a cook (but I can make toast like a badass). I’m all about fast and easy whip-up-able foods that are delish and simple.
While there are a ton of vegan foods to choose from, I made a list of all the vegan staples that I keep in my kitch at all times. Here we go:
- Vanilla almond milk – I always have at least 3 cartons of almond milk at all times. I love using it in cereal, baked goods, and I like dunking my vegan choco-chip cookies in it… it’s pretty much one of my all-time favorite beverages ever!
- Cereal – So many conventional cereals are accidentally vegan! I also like shopping at Trader Joe’s for healthier, fibery brands, too. What’s nice is that most cereals are fortified with tons of vitamins and minerals, so you’re getting added nutrition without even thinking about it.
- Hummus – This protein-packed snackie treat is filling and delish! It goes great with pita bread, tortilla chips, raw veggies… sometimes I like to eat it straight-up with a spoon. Hummus is my homie!
- Tofu – It’s versatile, it’s also protein-rich, and it’s cheap! I like making tofu stir frys, tofu chocolate pudding, and tofu kabobs!
- Pasta – Even though my culinary skills are limited, I can make a mean pasta. All I do is throw in some marinara, vegan “meat” crumbles, a slew of veggies, and voila—dinner is served!
- Rice – Whether you dig white, black, brown, basmati, short grain, or long grain rice—rice is NICE! It also has a decent amount of protein and is versatile as well. I like to mix it with some BBQ beans, use it to make veggie sushi, a deluxe stir fry or a hearty burrito… MmmMmm, I’m makin’ myself hungry!
- Bread/bagels – I could eat onion bagels all day every day if I allowed myself to. I’m also pretty crazy about toast with raspberry jam. It makes for a quick snack, it’s affordable, and it makes my tum-tum happy.
- Nutritional yeast – Nooch in da hizzy! It’s packed with B vitamins and protein, and it’s cheesy! I like to put this on pastas, rice dishes, popcorn… pretty much everything!
- Veggie burgers and hot dogs (and chips) – When I’m über lazy, I’ll just pop one of these in the mirocowave, smear on some mustard, ketchup, and plop some pickles on there and get my nomnom on. Super simple, fast and satisfying.
- Vegan ice cream – If you’re anything like me, you appreciate dessert after every meal. SUGAR!! There are so many different vegan brands and flavors of ice cream to choose from. I personally ? butter pecan and cherry chocolate chip.
All right, it’s your turn to dish! What are some of your fave vegan staples?
Just keepin’ it real,