Over 170 Middle and High Schools to Get Veg Options!
Posted August 19, 2011 by Christina
A company called Aramark supplies the cafeteria food to over 500 school districts in the U.S.—and they recently did a study that shows that 60% of middle and high school students want healthier options at school.
We all know that vegan and vegetarian foods are healthier, and Aramark appears to concur—they’re offering more vegetarian options to over 170 schools, and they’re even adding a green “vegetarian” leaf icon next to menu items to specify which foods are vegetarian-friendly at those schools.
This study proves that there is a growing demand for meatless meals! High-five the first person you see, because the times are changin’ my friends!
- Comments (12)
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Vet Visits Third SeaWorld Location, Finds Even MORE Suffering
- What This Veterinarian Found at SeaWorld San Antonio
- ICYMI: Why the Birkin Bag May Be Renamed
- GRAPHIC: This Dog DIED Because He Wasn't Groomed
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!