Pigs Abused by Walmart Pork Supplier!
Last week, Mercy For Animals (MFA) released its latest undercover investigation—into Christensen Farms, a Walmart pork supplier:
At a Christensen Farms facility in Hanska, Minnesota, an MFA investigator documented horrific cruelty and neglect, including the following:
- Pigs suffered from large open wounds and pressure sores from rubbing against the bars of their tiny cages or lying on the hard concrete floor.
- Workers slammed conscious piglets into the ground and left them to suffer and die slowly.
- Workers ripped out the testicles and cut off the tails of conscious piglets without the use of any painkillers.
- Sick and injured pigs with severe, bleeding wounds or infections were left to suffer without veterinary care.
- Workers prepared to force-feed female pigs watery feces and dead piglets.
Almost all of the 100 million pigs killed for food in the U.S. every year endure horrific conditions like these on factory farms. These social, sensitive animals spend their lives in extremely crowded, filthy warehouses, in which they are deprived of even natural sunlight until the day that they are crammed onto a truck bound for the slaughterhouse.
Want to help stop this? Go vegan.