Recipe of the Week: Butternut Squash, Roasted Garlic, and Apple Soup
I’m going to be honest with you: Making soup from scratch used to scare me. I’ve spent countless hours in my kitchen whipping up tasty, homemade vegan meals and snacks—but soup? Not a chance. It just always seemed so complicated, so difficult, and so far out of my culinary league. But as it turns out, I’ve never been more wrong about anything in my life.
Soup is actually pretty dang easy to make, can take little to no time to prepare, and—best of all—can be oh-so-tasty and filling! This week, I’m bringing you a ridiculously easy recipe that you can make in about half an hour, from start to finish. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you butternut squash, roasted garlic, and apple soup!
Butternut Squash, Roasted Garlic, and Apple Soup
1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 qt. vegetable broth
1 medium butternut squash, peeled and cubed
3 Granny Smith apples, cored and cubed
Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large pot, then add the garlic and sauté until it begins to brown.
- Add the broth, squash, and apples and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to medium and let simmer for 15 minutes, or until the squash is tender.
- Purée in a blender or with a hand mixer.
- Season with salt and pepper and top with paprika, if desired.
Makes 4 servings
Voilà! It doesn’t get much easier than that, does it?
What’s your favorite soup recipe?