Recipe of the Week: Chipotle Hummus
It’s no secret that snacking is one of my favorite hobbies (right after tabling and online window shopping!).That’s why I’m super-excited to share this tasty chip and dip combo that’s perfect for when you have the munchies after school. It’s super-easy and cheap to make, and it even has a spicy kick to it. I mean, if that combination doesn’t scream perfection, I don’t know what does!
Try this deelish chipotle hummus! 😀
- Prep time: 3 mins
- Cook time: 5 mins
- Servings: 6
- Select your preferred print size and click 'Print Recipe':
- 3"x5" Cards
- 4"x6" Cards
- Full Page
- 1 15-oz can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 canned chipotle pepper in adobo sauce (you can find it in the Hispanic foods aisle of your local supermarket)
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a blender or food processor, combine the garbanzo beans, water, tahini, lime juice, and olive oil. Blend for 2 minutes on low until smooth.
- Add the cilantro and chipotle pepper (if you don't want your hummus to be too spicy, just add half the pepper). Blend until smooth.
- Mix in the salt and pepper, to taste, and serve with your favorite tortilla chips or veggies!
You can also use this as a spread for sandwiches or wraps!
What’s your favorite snack?