Recipe of the Week: Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Pancakes
I adore the fall. Is anyone else waiting with baited breath for that first moment you spot a carton of Silk Pumpkin Spice Soymilk at your grocery store? I CAN’T WAIT. I’m pretty much obsessed with all things pumpkin these days, and I’m excited to share my delicious, super simple, vegan breakfast pumpkin treat with you all: Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Pancakes. YUM!
Here’s what you need:
- 1.5 cups Bisquick
- 1 egg replacer (can also use a little applesauce instead)
- 1/2 cup almond milk (plus a little extra—you can also use soy milk)
- 1/4 – 1/2 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon (plus a few more dashes)
- Chocolate chips to taste (so, A LOT if you’re a chocolate addict like I am)
Mix everything together, then spray a frying pan or griddle with cooking spray. Pour 1/4 cup of batter at a time (3 pancakes will likely fit in the pan at once), and cook until browned/cooked on the bottom. Flip, and cook until browned. Repeat until all the batter is gone. Serve topped with warmed maple syrup.
Makes approximately 9 pancakes.
And FYI: Pumpkin chocolate chip pancakes are delish served with homemade hashed browns and veggie ham from May Wah. *drool*
Who’s down for some brinner?