Recipe of the Week: Summer Jam Smoothie
Posted June 24, 2010 by Marta Holmberg
Are any of you dealing with the scorching 111 degree weather like I am? If you’re nodding your head then you truly understand the importance of staying cool during the summer. Anyways, this week I want to tell you about my ultra simple Summer Jam Smoothie recipe. I like to make this before I go sit poolside and listen to my favorite summer mixtapes, and when I don’t have the goods for Marta’s famous Stranana Orangwi smoothie.
Here’s what you’ll need to make 2 smoothies (or 1 if you’re selfish) *wink*:
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 1/2 cup of non-dairy milk
Once you have everything set, toss everything in a blender and chill out. It’s so simple and so tasty it made my brother say, “oh-em-gee!”
Where are all my summer pals? Do you have a summer blend you like? Wipe the drool off your chin and let me know by commenting.
- Comments (3)
- Get Revenge on Cecil's Killer With This Costume!
- Vet Visits Third SeaWorld Location, Finds Even MORE Suffering
- What This Veterinarian Found at SeaWorld San Antonio
- You Know You're Vegan When …
- ICYMI: Why the Birkin Bag May Be Renamed
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!
I am 13 years old and joined the street team June 2015. I am a vegetarian. I have a passion for working to help save animals. I love my family and my 2 pugs, Daisy and Diesel. I plan to work for Peta or Mercy For Animals someday because they helped me become a vegetarian and begin a whole new life of having common sense towards all animals.