Recipe of the Week: Vegan Chicken Fajita Tacos!
When I heard that this week’s Recipe of the Week theme is tacos, naturally I was ecstatic! As far as I’m concerned, tacos are a girl’s best friend, not to mention that they’re the easiest, most versatile dish ever. Every now and then, I like to spice things up and stray a bit from traditional veggie tacos. That’s where my recipe for vegan chicken fajita tacos comes in handy! Want to give ’em a try? Check it out:
Vegan Chicken Fajita Tacos
1 red, 1 yellow, and 1 green bell pepper, sliced, with seeds removed
1/2 onion, sliced
1 tsp. olive oil
1 pkg. vegan grilled chicken (I used Gardein Chick’n Strips)
1/2 cup canned black beans
4 large tortillas
1 avocado, sliced
Shredded lettuce (optional)
Vegan cheese (optional)
- Sauté the peppers and onions in the olive oil on medium-low heat until tender.
- Add the vegan chicken to the skillet and sauté until browned on both sides.
- Microwave the black beans for about 45 seconds, or heat them on the stove.
- Warm the tortillas in the microwave for 10 to 15 seconds.
- Pile everything onto the tortillas and chow down!
Makes 4 tacos
These tasty tacos are basically a food fiesta for your taste buds and only take about 20 minutes from start to finish.
How do you spice up your tacos? Let me know in the comments below!