Recipe of the Week: Stranana Orangwi Smoothie
Posted June 3, 2010 by Marta Holmberg
In a recent peta2 poll, we asked you foodaholics what you’d like our next “recipe of the week” theme to be, and the winner was the oh-so-refreshing smoothie!
I seriously ♥ smoothies (they’re so easy to make vegan), so I was a wee bit heartbroken when I realized that I’d already blogged my fave smoothie/shake. Luckily for us all, my blender and I are BFFs, so we went on an adventure recently, and the Stranana Orangwi smoothie was born. What the eff is that? Check it out below!
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 bananas (de-stringed, for real)
- 10 to 15 frozen strawberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and cut into chunks
Peel your bananas, then toss them into a blender with the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth. Drink up!
Makes 2 smoothies
Yum. I like to have this first thing in the morning, as an afternoon snack, or as a healthy dessert.
So tell me, which is better: this smoothie or my chocolate peanut butter shake?
- Comments (9)
- GRAPHIC: This Dog DIED Because He Wasn't Groomed
- Dogs Found Burned, Skinned, and Beheaded
- SeaWorld Pays Trainers to 'Sexually Stimulate' Tilly
- What This Lady Found Squirming in Her Packaged Salmon Will Ruin Your Day
- Oppression of Any Kind Is Wrong
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!
As a kid, I was and am still curious about the great big world we live in, and I thought nothing of animal abuse. But for some or no completely good reasons, I was getting sicker and weaker. Then one day I heard about PETA while I was on the internet. I got a little curious, and I went veg after finding out meat was one of the reasons I was sicker. Right now, I'm still trying to give up meat for my health. But I'm getting there!