How to Save Animals With Your Phone
Do you have two thumbs and a phone? Yes? Well, in just 60 seconds, you can be a hero to animals by texting just a few words!* (No joke!) Check out these eight easy ways to help animals right meow:
1. For nearly 20 years, experimenters at Northeastern University in Boston have been injecting hamsters with steroids and other drugs and forcing them to fight each other. Text HAMSTER to 73822 (U.S.) or 99099 (Canada) to send an e-mail to university officials asking them to stop these cruel experiments.
2. Ever wonder where laboratories get the monkeys they test on? They buy them from hellholes like Primate Products, Inc. (PPI), which imprison and sell thousands of terrified monkeys each year. 🙁 Text MONKEY to 73822 (U.S.) or 99099 (Canada) to send an e-mail to Florida officials demanding that they close PPI.
3. Lion populations are rapidly declining in Africa, but lions aren’t listed as “threatened” species under the U.S. Endangered Species Act. WTH?! So basically, it’s TOTALLY legal to hunt and KILL animals like Cecil and import their heads and other body parts into the U.S. to be sold as trophies. Text CECIL to 73822 (U.S.) or 99099 (Canada) to urge the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to list lions as “threatened” and stop ALL “trophy” imports into the United States.
4. Each year, the Canadian government gives sealers the OK to slaughter hundreds of THOUSANDS of weeks-old harp seals for their fur. 🙁 During the slaughter, baby seals are shot or repeatedly clubbed to death. Text ICE to 73822 (U.S.) or 99099 (Canada) to ask Canadian officials to end the seal slaughter. <3
5. Caring consumers know that there’s never a reason to test on animals, and the more than 1,700 cosmetics companies on PETA’s cruelty-free list agree! But in order to sell its products in China, Revlon pays for painful and deadly poisoning tests on animals. Text CRUEL to 73822 (U.S.) or 99099 (Canada) to tell Revlon that you won’t be buying its products until it stops paying for tests on animals.
6. Trainers abuse tigers, bears, elephants, and other animals and make them do stupid tricks for entertainment. It’s not OK to hit animals, keep them chained, or force them to perform confusing acts—because animals are #NotOurs to use! Text BEAT to 73822 (U.S.) or 99099 (Canada) to pledge NEVER to go to animal circuses.
7. SeaWorld confines intelligent, social, and complex animals to barren concrete tanks, yet Adventure Student Travel continues to promote SeaWorld. Text FAMILY to 73822 (U.S.) or 99099 (Canada) to tell Adventure Student Travel that promoting SeaWorld means promoting cruelty and show the company that young people are rejecting the marine prison because of the way animals are treated there.
8. Each year, dozens of monkeys at a National Institutes of Health (NIH) laboratory are intentionally bred to be predisposed to mental illness so that they can be used in extremely cruel psychological experiments. Half of these babies are stolen from their mothers just hours after being born—and they will never see each other again. </3 Text BABY to 73822 (U.S.) to ask NIH to end these cruel experiments.
See how easy that was?! Want more simple ways to save animals by using your phone? Download peta2’s iPhone app today.
*Boring legal stuff: Message and data rates may apply. Periodic messaging. Text STOP to end or HELP for info. Full terms are available at http://peta2.me/txt.