The Ultimate Guide to Thrifty Veganism
I’m going to break some sad news to y’all. Ready? Wait for it…
I am not **dramatic pause** a kazillionaire. I know, I know, how can this be? I should be loaded, but I’m actually quite the opposite—and I’m the queen of thriftology. I’m not quite at the dumpster-diving stage yet, but that’s because this budget-y, penny-savin’ hooch has got mad skills when it comes to savin’ dolla dolla billz, yo!
Observe, learn, and take notes!
Jeff Kubina / CC by 2.0
How to Be a Thrifty Vegan
- Stock up on (aka buy in bulk) cheap vegan essentials (rice, beans, grains, quinoa, tofu, cereal, frozen veggies, bread, peanut butter, etc.)
- Use Coupons! Follow Vegan Coupons on Twitter, and check out sites like VeganCuts, Gather Green (LA), and Pure Citizen for the latest and greatest animal-friendly deals.
- Host a cruelty-free clothing swap! It’s Earth-friendly, animal-friendly, and free!
- Brown bag it to school/work – (rock a simple PB&J or Gardein sankie, and tote it around in one of these).
- Enter vegan blog giveaways!
- DIY everything—food, beauty products, cat toys, you name it! Be creative and have fun!
- Check out vegan cookbooks and key AR reading materials at the library.
- Use our blog as your everything vegan resource, and be sure to join our Street Team for free swag!
Do you have any other thrifty vegan tips? If so, please share!