The Top 5 iPhone Apps for Animals
The iPhone has paved the way for smart phones, making information, communication and entertainment available at your fingertips. But did you know that the iPhone can also help animals?
1. BNB (Be Nice to Bunnies) ($1.99): This app makes cruelty-free shopping easier than ever by breaking down your options by category, company, and product. Did I mention that 15 percent of the proceeds get donated to PETA?
2. VegOut Vegetarian Restaurant Guide ($2.99): I use this app almost every weekend. Powered by HappyCow.net, VegOut uses iPhone’s GPS to home in on restaurants that serve vegetarian eats close to your location. It also links to reviews of the restaurants. Definitely worth the $2.99 investment.
3. Vegetarian Cookbook ($0.99): Consult the Vegetarian Cookbook app if you need help deciding what to make for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. This mobile cookbook includes a wide array of categories, including American, Italian, Chinese, Mexican, Thai, Dessert, and Gourmet. It also comes in handy as a grocery list while shopping for ingredients.
4. VeganXpress Menu and Shopping Assistance ($1.99): If you are going on a road trip, you need this app! VeganXpress is a guide to vegan menu and shopping options at popular chain restaurants and fast-food places. Need to know what a vegan can eat at Denny’s? Want to find out which gas station snacks are vegan? Need to find a restaurant that your Aunt Edna will love? Look no further.
5. Veggie Passport ($0.99): If you’re traveling outside the country and you don’t know the language, you don’t want to end up ordering meat by mistake. Be prepared with Veggie Passport. Express your animal-free food needs in 33 languages! “Mimi ni mlaji wa mboga za majani tu” means “I am a vegetarian” in Swahili.
What’s your favorite or least favorite iPhone app? (My least fave is Deer Hunter 3D.) Let me know in a comment below.