Three Ways to Help Pigs on National Pig Day!
Posted March 1, 2012 by peta2 staff
Today is a special day for pigs because it’s National Pig Day! The intelligence of pigs is often underestimated, so today is the perfect day to set the record straight and remind your friends and family that pigs are just as important and deserving of happiness as cats and dogs are.
Here are our top three ways to help pigs:
- Share these cool pig facts with your family and friends:
• Studies have identified that pigs use more than 20 oinks for different situations and that mother pigs sing to their young while nursing.
• Pigs enjoy music and playing games such as soccer and are big fans of belly rubs.
• When trained, pigs can learn their own names and sit for treats like dogs.
- Fake it with Smart Bacon or Hickory BBQ Riblets. Not only do pigs prefer not to be eaten, vegan meat is also tastier than ever. Don’t take my word for it—buy some and see for yourself!
- Share this fun video of pigs from Farm Sanctuary’s Animal Acres.
How are you going to help pigs today? Let us know in the comments section!
- Comments (7)
- What Happens When Frat Dudes Go Vegan for a Week?
- The Awful Truth Behind Dissection
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Why Steel-Jaw Traps Belong in Horror Movies
- 10 Reasons to Not Eat Oysters, Mussels, and Clams
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!