Tips From Celebrity Dog Coach Tamar Geller
Posted October 20, 2011 by peta2 staff
Calling all pooch people! Wanna be your dog’s BFF? Of course you do!
It’s super-important to train your dog with lots of love, care, and respect, so we’ve teamed up with Tamar Geller, dog coach to the stars, to help you get started.
Tamar shot six short episodes for us, and we’ll release one per week. First up is Episode 1: “Your Dog’s 7 Basic Needs.”
Tamar’s motivation for making this series is to debunk dog-training myths and encourage people to pay more attention to their dogs and to use positive reinforcement. Episode 1 covers such issues as how to provide your pooch with mental and physical stimulation. One tip: Talk to your dog! Dogs can understand up to 150 words, and you can converse with them simply by narrating their actions and praising their behavior.
- Comments (4)
- Four Reasons to Stop What You're Doing and Watch 'Once Upon a Time'
- 5 Times Facebook Helped You Fight Cosmetics Testing
- Shocking Excuses People Make for Abandoning Their Animals
- Kid Ink Speaks Out for Chained Dogs
- GRAPHIC: This Dog DIED Because He Wasn't Groomed
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!