Too Many Dads!
Posted June 14, 2012 by Whitney Calk
Did you know that male dogs and cats contribute to the companion animal overpopulation crisis even more than female animals do? I kid you not. Just one unneutered male animal can impregnate dozens of females, creating dozens upon dozens of animals without homes. Simply put, there are just too many dog and cat dads in the world!
This year, animal shelters will be forced to euthanize millions of dogs and cats all because people fail to spay or neuter their best friends.
So this Father’s Day, keep in mind that while I’m sure your dad is beyond excited to celebrate fatherhood, your animal companion is totally OK with being kid-free. Trust me on this one.
Please always, always spay or neuter your animal companions, and don’t forget to pledge to end animal homelessness today!
- Four Reasons to Stop What You're Doing and Watch 'Once Upon a Time'
- How This Selfie Might Change Everything For Animals
- Why Steel-Jaw Traps Belong in Horror Movies
- How Circus Training and Abuse Killed These Baby Elephants
- 10 Reasons to Not Eat Oysters, Mussels, and Clams
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!