Top 12 Movies to Watch on Your Holiday Break!
Your holiday break from school is the best time to check out the latest and greatest movies. What makes a movie great? Having a positive message about animals, of course!
There are lots of movies out there about animal rights, food, health, and veganism, and thanks to Netflix, you can watch these movies from the comfort of your living room!
- I Am an Animal—Explores the world of Ingrid E. Newkirk and PETA
- Earthlings—Delves into the food, entertainment, and medical industries’ use of animals and links each to the world economy (narrated by Joaquin Phoenix)
- The Cove*—Follows daring animal activists at a cove in Taiji, Japan, as they capture video footage of a secret and heavily guarded operation run by the world’s largest supplier of dolphins
- Food, Inc.*—Exposes the sources of the food we eat and its environmental impact
- Food Matters*—Focuses on using nutritionally rich, plant-based foods for optimal health
- Crazy Sexy Cancer—Follows the journey of a young woman looking for a natural cure for her cancer
- The Beautiful Truth*—Promotes a plant-based, vegan diet as cancer and disease prevention
- Year of the Dog*—Tells the fictional story of a woman who learns from her beloved dog’s death
- At the Edge of the World*—Follows activists as they attempt to stop the Japanese whale slaughter
- Forks Over Knives*—Follows two medical experts as they reveal the effects of common foods on human health
- Bold Native—Tells the fictional story of a young animal rights activist (OK, so this one is not available on Netflix … yet! Pick it up at your local video store—if you still have one.)
- Rise of the Planet of the Apes—Tells the fictional story of the evolution of apes who revolt after being held captive
*Streamable on Netflix too!
Send a one-paragraph summary of the animal-friendly movies that you watch during the holiday break to StreetTeam@peta2.com for 1,000 points. (No plagiarism, please!)
What’s your fave animal-friendly movie?