Top 5 Reasons Not to Wear Wool!
That’s where you come in! 🙂 Speak up for sheep by sharing our top 5 (believe me—there are many more!) reasons not to wear wool with your friends!
- Save some booties! During mulesing, many Australian ranchers force live lambs onto their backs, restrain their legs between metal bars, and, sometimes without any painkillers, carve huge chunks of skin and flesh off the animals’ backsides!
- Sheep commonly have their body parts amputated. Shearers are usually paid by volume, not by the hour, which encourages fast work without regard for the welfare of the sheep. An eyewitness reported, “I have seen sheep with half their faces shorn off.” Sounds like a horror story, right?!
- Babies die because of wool. Every year, hundreds of lambs die before the age of 8 weeks from exposure or starvation! 🙁
- Sheep are awesome! Researchers have found that sheep perform some learning tasks as well as humans do. They’re also able to recognize and remember faces, and they respond to facial expressions. How cute is that?!
- It’s dumb. There are many fashionable, cruelty-free fabrics out there, including cotton, cotton flannel, polyester fleece, and synthetic shearling.
There you have it, folks. Speak up for sheep by sharing this blog post with everyone you know! You can also print out our leaflets to hand out the next time that you see someone wearing UGGs (Ugh. Big fashion no-no!)