Top 5 Gifts for Dogs and Cats
Christmas is just around the corner, and what better way to celebrate than by showing your dogs and cats how much you ♥ them! Check out our favorite gifts that you can leave under the tree for your furry friend this Christmas.
Top 5 Gifts for Dogs
- Tasty dog treats: Let’s face it—the most exciting thing about the holidays is the yummy food! Reward your pooch for being on the “nice” list this year with some homemade and healthy treats.
- Nobody is ever too old for toys! They’ll not only make your dog super-happy but also stave off boredom. Plus, who doesn’t love getting toys for Christmas?
- A comfortable harness: Dogs enjoy and need to go out for walks regularly. So make sure you keep your most loyal friend safe and comfortable by getting the right harness for your dog’s body.
- Sweet dreams: There’s nothing better than a good night’s sleep. A new bed will protect your dog from the cold floor this winter (because you obviously already keep your dog indoors, right?!).
- More time with you: At the end of the day, the best thing that you can give your dog is more love and care. Be sure to spend time with your pup and make him or her a part of your family.
Top 5 Gifts for Cats
- Toys, toys, toys: A busy and engaged kitty is a happy kitty! Two of our favorite toys for cats are the Cat Dancer and the Cat Charmer.
- A walk: Cats allowed to roam outside unattended are exposed to many dangers. The good news is that your cat can safely explore the great outdoors on a leash—just be sure to use an ultra-lightweight, retractable leash attached to a harness, not a collar.
- DIY catnip balls: There’s nothing more satisfying to your kitty than some catnip. Check out our super-easy DIY catnip toys. They take about 5 minutes to make and are very inexpensive!
- Scratching posts: Cats scratch to have fun and exercise and to maintain the condition of their nails. Get a new scratching post for your cat this Christmas and put catnip on it to make it super-inviting!
- Fun and snuggles: Be sure to spend quality time with your kitties by playing games, rubbing their tummies, and snuggling!
There you have it, folks—some awesome gift ideas and things that you can do for your best friend this Christmas. Don’t have a dog or a cat? Bring some Christmas joy to homeless animals by volunteering with your friends at your local animal shelter.