Top Five Reasons Not to Eat Turkeys
Posted November 26, 2009 by Marta Holmberg
Since it’s the day where so many people eat turkeys without giving it a second thought, I wanted to share some reasons why I choose to eat faux turkey instead of the real thing.
Top five reasons not to eat turkeys today (or any other day, for that matter!):
- Turkeys are social, playful birds who enjoy the company of others (not to mention the many other things that make them awesome).
- Tofu never screams.
- It’s just plain wrong the way turkeys raised for food are treated.
- Turkeys are adorable!
- Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful. Shouldn’t we give the birds something to be thankful for too (by not eating them)?
OK, before I head off to start making pumpkin pie and green bean casserole, I leave you with this cuteness:
Have a great (turkey-free) day!
- Comments (2)
- GRAPHIC: This Dog DIED Because He Wasn't Groomed
- Dogs Found Burned, Skinned, and Beheaded
- SeaWorld Pays Trainers to 'Sexually Stimulate' Tilly
- People RAPING Animals?!
- Canada's Only Captive Orca
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!
As a kid, I was and am still curious about the great big world we live in, and I thought nothing of animal abuse. But for some or no completely good reasons, I was getting sicker and weaker. Then one day I heard about PETA while I was on the internet. I got a little curious, and I went veg after finding out meat was one of the reasons I was sicker. Right now, I'm still trying to give up meat for my health. But I'm getting there!