Top Five Reasons Not to Eat Turkeys
Posted November 26, 2009 by Marta Holmberg
Since it’s the day where so many people eat turkeys without giving it a second thought, I wanted to share some reasons why I choose to eat faux turkey instead of the real thing.
Top five reasons not to eat turkeys today (or any other day, for that matter!):
- Turkeys are social, playful birds who enjoy the company of others (not to mention the many other things that make them awesome).
- Tofu never screams.
- It’s just plain wrong the way turkeys raised for food are treated.
- Turkeys are adorable!
- Thanksgiving is a time to be thankful. Shouldn’t we give the birds something to be thankful for too (by not eating them)?
OK, before I head off to start making pumpkin pie and green bean casserole, I leave you with this cuteness:
Have a great (turkey-free) day!
- Comments (2)
- SeaWorld San Diego: No Orca Breeding Allowed!
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Vet Visits Third SeaWorld Location, Finds Even MORE Suffering
- What This Veterinarian Found at SeaWorld San Antonio
- ICYMI: Why the Birkin Bag May Be Renamed
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!