Victory for Homeless Animals in L.A.!
Posted November 2, 2012 by Annie Leal
Los Angeles is the latest city to ban pet stores from selling dogs, cats, and rabbits from breeders and puppy mills. Why is this fantastic news for animals? Every year in the U.S., 6 to 8 million dogs and cats end up abandoned at animal shelters. This new measure will require pet stores to adopt out animals from shelters instead—giving hope to homeless animals in Los Angeles!
Don’t live in L.A.? You can still help homeless animals by urging people never to buy dogs or cats from pet stores or breeders and only to adopt a furry friend from a shelter if they’re really ready for a serious commitment.
Tags: Companion Animals
- Comments (4)
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Four Reasons to Stop What You're Doing and Watch 'Once Upon a Time'
- How This Selfie Might Change Everything For Animals
- Why Steel-Jaw Traps Belong in Horror Movies
- How Circus Training and Abuse Killed These Baby Elephants
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!