Victory! PETA Helps Halt Construction of Massive Monkey-Breeding Facility
Posted December 30, 2009 by Ryan Huling
More good news!
In response to a lawsuit filed by local citizens and PETA, a superior court judge in Puerto Rico has ruled in activists’ favor and ordered that all further construction of a massive monkey-breeding facility be brought to an immediate halt.
Bioculture—a company that supplies primates to laboratories—planned to capture monkeys from the wild, hold thousands of them in cages, and sell their offspring to U.S. laboratories, where they would be used in frightening, painful and deadly experiments.
Congrats to everyone who took action in this campaign—you helped make the difference!
- Comments (6)
- Canada's Only Captive Orca
- New Hope for the Loneliest Whale
- Victory! Mattel Orders SeaWorld Trainer Barbie out of the Pool
- UC-Irvine Ditches SeaWorld
- VICTORY: San Francisco to Ban All Animal Performances!
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!