Top 5 Ways to Help Animals Used for Food
Deprived of everything that’s natural and important to them, animals on factory farms live in stressful conditions. Crammed by the thousands into filthy, windowless sheds and forced to live in wire cages and other cruel confinement systems, 40 billion animals are killed every year for their flesh. Animals are curious and intelligent and deserve a life of freedom.
- Sharing is caring! Although awareness of the cruelty on factory farms has definitely increased, a lot of people still don’t know what really happens before their food gets to their plates. Share the video that the meat industry doesn’t want people to see or choose from the hundreds of our YouTube videos to share on Facebook and Twitter. You’ll be saving lives with just a few clicks of your mouse! How easy is that?!
- Post photos of vegan food! A picture says 1,000 words, and besides, why not make people jealous of all the delicious food you’re eating? Tweet a photo of your latest compassionate cuisine and create an album on your Facebook page of nothing but photos of yummy vegan food. Once your friends and family see all the mouthwatering grub they are missing out on, they’re going to be calling you up to come over for dinner!
- Rock animal-friendly gear! Whether you are at the park with your dog or shopping with friends, you can speak up for the billions of animals on factory farms simply by rocking animal-friendly clothing and accessories! From animal liberation tees to necklaces that start conversations, never miss a chance to show that you are proud of your meat-free lifestyle!
- Host a vegan barbecue! Get those grills fired up! The sky’s the limit when it comes to vegan cooking, and hosting a vegan barbecue is a great way to show meat-eaters how much fun vegan eating can be. Check out these delicious vegan barbecue recipes and don’t forget to have some leaflets on hand for your guests to take home with them!
- Get a veggie burger added to the menu! Want to save animals and get your whole school in on the action, too? Here’s how to do it: Get a veggie burger added in the cafeteria! Not only will you be saving animals, you’ll also be saving the planet and getting healthier lunch options at your school. Plus, you’ll be able to show your friends how delish meat-free meals are. Check out peta2’s Veggie Burger Project and get started today!
See how easy it is to speak up for animals used for food? Always remember that animals depend on us to speak up for them, so that’s why we should never be silent about cruelty!