Why Does the Seal Slaughter Need to Stop?
Since the seal slaughter started a few weeks ago, more than 2,000 young seals have been killed.
Last week, to raise awareness for seals, we sent a text to our mobile subscribers and asked them to tell five of their friends about the slaughter and how to take action and to send us their top reason why the slaughter needs to end.
Here are some of our fave responses:
- It needs to stop. Think about animals killing your children or family for their skin.
- It’s horrible and inhuman to do such a thing to any creature! How could anyone with a soul possibly do that or watch that and not be outraged?
- It’s evil, inhumane, and disgusting to kill defenseless, innocent animals. It’s a cowardly act.
- Animals deserve their fur like we deserve our skin! Wear yourself instead of death.
- Humans have eyes to see the beauty of the world. Seals do, too. Humans have hearts that beat with the love of others. Seals do, too. They also have feelings, just like we do.
- It’s senseless violence. Murdering colonies of seal pups in the name of fashion is disgusting.
- You wouldn’t kill humans for their hair, so why would you kill seals for their fur? peta2 Free4All!
- All life is important.
What’s the top reason why you want to see the slaughter end? Tell us below! Be sure to take action against the seal slaughter and tell your friends to speak up for seals, too.