Free Stuff Friday: Vegan College Cookbook
Going vegan is the easiest, fastest way to help save animals and the environment and end world hunger. Don’t believe me?
Here are some facts:
- Every vegan saves an average of 100 animals a year by simply not eating them.
- Veal is widely shunned yet is still produced for one reason: dairy products. Without the demand for milk, cheese, yogurt, and other dairy products, there would be no male baby calves to fill the brutally cruel veal crates.
- The factory-farming industry releases massive amounts of the greenhouse gasses that cause climate change.
- According to Environmental Defense, if every American skipped one meal of chicken per week and substituted vegetarian foods instead, the carbon-dioxide savings would be the same as taking more than half a million cars off U.S. roads.
- If we stopped intensively breeding farmed animals and grew crops to feed humans instead, we could easily feed everyone on the planet with healthy and affordable plant-based foods.
- Animals raised for food have to eat as many as 16 pounds of grain to create just 1 pound of edible flesh.
So, obvz vegan is the way to go! Now how to do that? Easy! With PETA’s Vegan College Cookbook, of course! It’s packed full of delicious recipes, including snacks, sandwiches, ramen, and even desserts. They’re all easy to make with the help of just your microwave.
Sign our pledge to go vegan now and start saving animals, the environment, and your fellow humans. Oh, and don’t forget to leave a comment below telling us what the best thing about being veg is for your chance to win this cookbook.
*The winner will be chosen at random from submitted animal-friendly comments in which the commenters tell us what the best thing about being veg is. Entries must be received by October 12, 2012. The winner will be chosen at random and notified on October 15, 2012. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.