Winners of the 2008 Veg-Friendly Colleges Contest!
After a grueling battle, facing off head-to-head, two schools have emerged victorious from this year’s “Most Vegetarian-Friendly Colleges” contest. And the winners are…
United States –
1) American University — Washington, DC
2) Wesleyan University — Middletown, CT
3) University of Oregon — Eugene, OR
4) Purchase College — Purchase, NY
5) UC Santa Cruz — Santa Cruz, CA
6) Ohio University — Athens, OH
7) University of Florida — Gainesville, FL
8) University of Delaware — Newark, DE
9) University of Texas — Austin, TX
10) Georgetown University — Washington, DC
1) Mount Allison University — Sackville, NB
2) University of Victoria — Victoria, BC
3) McMaster University — Hamilton, ON
4) University of Western Ontario — London, ON
5) University of Toronto — Toronto, ON
Some of the many cruelty-free dishes that helped push these schools over the top include vegan Korean barbecue, spicy seitan in miso broth with noodles, Italian tempeh mock sausage, and vegan sloppy Joes! Drooooooollllll.
All of the schools in our list deserve mention though, and all of you high school students who are searching around for a campus with great meatless meals should definitely give these campuses a look.
In the unfortunate situation that your current school’s cafeteria doesn’t rock as much as these ones though, we’re here to help! You’ll want to start by downloading our “Veganize Your Cafeteria” campaign pack, and setting up a meeting with your Dining Services manager. Then, contact us and we’ll work with you get some amazing options too!
Vegan food > everything else. 🙂