Yummy Vegan Pumpkin Muffins!
Mmmm, pumpkins! ‘Tis the season for pumpkin everything: pumpkin-stuffed ravioli, pumpkin smoothies, pumpkin hummus, pumpkin-cinnamon rolls … oooh, I could go on forevah!
My fave-est pumpkin treat for fall, tho’—hands down—has got to be pumpkin muffins! My mouth started to water just typing those words!
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/4 cups sugar
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1/2 tsp. allspice
1 1/4 cups puréed pumpkin
1/2 cup nondairy milk (I use almond milk)
1/3 cup vegetable oil
2 Tbsp. molasses or maple syrup
• Preheat the oven to 375°F and lightly grease a muffin pan.
• In a large bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar, salt, and spices.
• In a separate bowl, whisk together the pumpkin, nondairy milk, oil, and molasses or maple syrup.
• Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix.
• Spoon the batter into the muffin pan, filling each cup three-forths full.
• Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
• Remove from the oven. When they’ve cooled to room temperature, frost them (optional) and devour!
Variation: Add a cup of chopped nuts, dried fruit, or vegan chocolate chips to the batter.
Makes 12 muffins
Happy fall, everybody! What recipes are you excited about making this season?