'Zookeeper' Movie: Cruelty is NOT Funny!
Posted June 30, 2011 by Christina
You know which movie you should NOT see this summer? The new Kevin James film, Zookeeper, which will be released on July 6. The film features a number of captive wild animals, including an elephant, a lion, a monkey, and a giraffe, among many other species.
The use of all wild animals in film and television is objectionable, but this movie is one that you should definitely boycott because of the controversial death of a giraffe during the production of the film and the use of an elephant provided by the company Have Trunk Will Travel (HTWT). In May, Animal Defenders International released undercover video footage that shows trainers at HTWT as they abuse elephants with bullhooks and electric prods. WTF, Kevin James?!
Be sure you tell EVERYONE you know that you’re boycotting this cruel movie, and ask everyone else to do the same!
Thanks for sticking up for animals used for entertainment!
- Comments (24)
- SeaWorld San Diego: No Orca Breeding Allowed!
- Why SeaWorld's Tanks Can NEVER Be Enough
- 9 Vegan Pumpkin-Spice Treats You Need to Try
- Four Reasons to Stop What You're Doing and Watch 'Once Upon a Time'
- How Circus Training and Abuse Killed These Baby Elephants
US & Canada: Sign up for Mobile!